Path of Eight Oracles1st Sidereal Month
Third Oracle eDiscourse: Divination
As Oracles, we have many Methods and Tools of Divination to choose from, depending on our abilities and interests. One simple tool we can all use, to tap into our Personal Unconscious and the Collective Unconscious (see Figure 6 on Page 21 and Figure 7 on Page 23 of Liber Aether), is a Divinatory Pendulum. There are many guides on the Internet, on how to use a Pendulum for Divination, plus you may already be highly skilled with its use. Be that as it may, I am giving here a brief description on the method I used, when I first encountered a Pendulum.
Choose your Pendulum, or let it choose you. They are generally inexpensive, and you can get one made with stone, metal, or some other material that you like. My first one was made of Blue Howlite, as I had needed that stone for healing and attuning purposes. So I got the stone in the form of a Pendulum, then became curious about using it for Divination purposes. I just used my Intuition and experimented. To prepare a new Pendulum I like to use the method given in Magickal Tools.
The Unconscious Mind is highly susceptible to Suggestion. So to minimise inaccuracy, it is best to clear your mind of all doubts and wishful thinking, with regards to the subject matter of your questions. Just simply ask your clear, concise questions, without hope or bias as to the result.
For profound questions, I get best results when I am in an Attuned State, and can clearly see the Aetheric Mist, surrounding the Pendulum, intensify with energised, sparkling particles dancing around.
To learn to use a Divinatory Pendulum, do the following:
1. Hold the pendulum's chain or cord, at either the end or at a length you feel best. One Oracle recommends to hold it between the thumb and middle finger; a method that I have now adopted with much success.
2. Ask it to show you a "Yes" (mine is an anticlockwise swing). Then ask it to show you a "No" (mine is a clockwise swing). I also asked it to show me a "Reword" (mine is a swing left and right — for when I need to reword an ambiguous question), and an "Unknown" (mine is a swing back and forth — for when the answer is not yet definitely knowable).
3. Test the "Yes" by some questions with definitely right answers, such as your name or gender. Test the "No" by some questions with definitely wrong answers, such as using the wrong name or gender for you.
4. You can get it to locate things, by asking it to swing in the direction of the person or object. If it is a missing object located nearby, you can do this from a couple of locations, and where the two swing direction lines cross, is where you should look for it.
5. You can locate and see what direction your Chakras rotate, including ones around your eyes, ears, palms of your hands, etc. Edgar Cayce informs us that the Solar Plexus Chakra is above the navel, and a bit to the left-side of our bodies, using the Pendulum on myself, I found this to be the case (see Figure 11 on Page 31 of Liber Aether).
No form of Divination is perfect, our Unconscious Mind may not know the answer, so it simply gives its best deduction based on what it knows, leading to a flawed result. The great psychic, Edgar Cayce, got very ordinary results — no better than random chance — when he performed experiments with gambling, treasure hunting, and the likes. However, so long as you are open minded, yet sensible, this wonderful tool for your Intuition, should serve you well on the Path of Eight Oracles.
Blessings from the Eighth Oracle,